Webinar: tanker security in the new 'tanker wars'
Intertanko’s Phillip Belcher, UK Chamber of Shipping’s David Balston, BIMCO’s Jakob Larsen and Tatham Law’s Stephen Askins engage in candid discussion and offer clear advice on present and future tanker safety and security issues in the wake of the Stena Impero and Grace 1 seizures
- The threat.
- Implications for ports who choose to receive Adrian Darya 1 (ex-Grace 1).
- Whether owners apply the principles of BMP 5 to repel a hostile boarding.
- Industry recommendations regarding speed and daylight running.
- The usefulness of armed guards.
- Crew welfare and protection.
- A timeline for a return to business as usual.
- Freedom of movement and keeping key passages of trade open.
- Why an international threat requires an international solution.
- Who pays to fight the threat.
- China’s regional and strategic interests.