A photograph that reflect the maritime industry in the English Channel, Dover Strait and Southern North Sea, suitable for the cover of the 2019 edition of Witherbys ‘Passage Planning Guide.’
Navigating safely through the English Channel, Dover Strait and
Southern North Sea.
- All images must have been taken by the entrant and be his or her property
- Images need to be taken within the Channel, Dover Strait or Southern North Sea
- Entries are permitted in digital format only
- Files must be JPEG or TIFF format, less than 32MB (at least 2000 pixels on the long side). Please use the online form to enter. Entries without the form will not be included.
- Digital processing should be mostly restricted to dust removal, cropping, resizing, global exposure and tonal adjustments. HDR, and exposure, focus or sequence blending are permitted. Cloning or removing parts of an image (except in the case of the above) are not permitted. Obvious modification of images is not in keeping with the objectives of this competition and may result in disqualification.
- Images not meeting these specifications will not be judged
UK Chamber of Shipping will create a shortlist, and Witherbys will retain final decision of the winning photograph.
- The winning photograph will be featured on the front cover, and receive a copy of the Guide.
- The winning photographer will also be offered a selection of training and reference books from Witherbys publications catalogue.
Deadline: 13th May 2019
Send entries to FBoyle@ukchamberofshipping.com
The UK Chamber of Shipping reserves the right to utilise all and any photographs submitted for its own promotional purposes. All images submitted must be the work of the individual. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.