Kenneth MacLeod on BBC's The Bottom Line - on shipping
UK Chamber President Kenneth MacLeod was this week part of BBC business discussion programme The Bottom Line – this week focused on shipping. The programme is hosted by Evan Davies and broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and aired on BBC News channel and BBC World, reaching £15-20m viewers worldwide. On this episode, Kenneth was one of three business leaders talking about the current situation in the shipping world, including:
- the impact of the global economic downturn on shipping business
- challenges such as piracy and reducing carbon and sulphur emissions
- the support of UK Government to agree a cross departmental strategy for shipping and maritime
- the volume of UK and world trade moved by ship and
- the contribution of shipping to the UK’s economy and jobs.
James Cooper from Associated British Ports and Rupert Atkin from Talbot Underwriters and Lloyd’s Market Association were also guests on the programme.