UK Chamber welcomes first communications agency into membership
The UK Chamber of Shipping has today confirmed the first communications agency to join as one of its associate members.
Jeanius Consulting is led by Jean Winfield, a PR, marketing and publishing specialist with more than twenty years’ experience in media and advertising. The Jeanius team have many years’ combined experience in the maritime sector working closely with the press, both in print and digital and a wide range of clients and associations throughout the industry. Jean also worked closely with the UK Chamber as director of UK maritime event London International Shipping Week (LISW), earlier this year.
The UK Chamber has been increasing engagement with the communications teams of its members this year, hosting an event for them along with industry journalists and the LISW leaders in early September. This work is set to continue with future events focusing on communication and promotion in the shipping and wider maritime industry.
Gemma Wilkie, Public Relations Manager at the UK Chamber, said:
“It is great to see our membership expand into the communications sector and welcome Jeanius Consulting.
“We’re looking forward to working with them and our growing network of communications professionals to look for and increase media opportunities to promote the importance of the shipping and maritime sectors and the contribution they make to the UK economy and jobs.”
Jean Winfield, head of Jeanius Consulting, said:
“I am delighted that Jeanius Consulting is the first PR & marketing company to join the UK Chamber.
“Our passion for shipping ensures that we will be an active member in working alongside the UK Chamber, assisting its on-going work in promoting this fantastic industry.”
For further information please contact Gemma Wilkie, PR Manager at the UK Chamber of Shipping on 020 7417 2834 or email@example.com.
Notes to Editors
- The UK Chamber of Shipping is the trade association for the UK shipping industry, working to promote and protect the interests of its members both nationally and internationally. With around 140 members from across the maritime sector, the UK Chamber represents over 925 ships of about 30 million gross tons and is recognised as the voice of the UK shipping industry
- UK shipping has a turnover of over £11bn. With indirect effects, UK shipping’s contribution to UK GDP is £13bn
- The UK Chamber is the home of the Merchant Navy Training Board - the shipping industry’s central body for promoting and developing seafarer education, training and skills, and provides MNTB administration and staffing arrangements
- The UK Chamber is a member of Maritime UK, which brings together the major associations representing the UK’s the shipping, ports and maritime business services sectors
- The UK Chamber is a lead partner in Sea Vision, the nationwide campaign working to raise awareness of the sea and the maritime sector, particularly amongst young people aged between 13 and 22 years old.