EU MRV Seminar
The UK Chamber of Shipping has the pleasure to invite you to attend an all-day seminar on the implementation of the EU MRV Regulation on Thursday 29 September 2016.
The deadline to comply with the regulation is fast approaching - 31 August 2017. Companies must have submitted to the verifiers a monitoring plan, indicating the chosen method as well as procedures to monitor and report carbon emissions, and other relevant information, for each of their ships above 5,000 GT calling at EU ports. As from 1 January 2018, companies shall start monitoring the data according to the approved monitoring plan. The monitored data will then be subject to verification and submitted to the Commission and ship’s flag state by 30 April each year.
The aim of the seminar is to help shipowners to understand the specific requirements associated with the implementation of the regulation as well as to facilitate exchanges of best practises and experiences. It is also an excellent opportunity for participants to raise with the European Commission any questions they may have concerning with the implementation or areas that may need further consideration.
The event will include:
- Presentation from the European Commission advising on the legislative acts and timetables on the interpretation and enforcement of the EU regulation as well as alignment with the IMO data collection system.
- An update by the IMO on the progress made with the IMO data collection system and future considerations at the next MEPC 70.
- Overview on the requirements to develop a ship’s monitoring plan and how to monitor fuel, cargo and other parameters.
- Verification requirements (monitoring plan and annual emissions).
- Case studies.
- Consideration on the accreditation process and availability of approved verifiers.
- Online monitoring and reporting platforms to reduce compliance cost.
- Legal aspects of the publication of data and options available to make use of the confidentiality provisions.
The full programme is available to download here.
The event is free to attend for chamber members, please contact Jenny Atkinson to register your attendance.
There are a number of free tickets for non-members, please contact Felicity Nelson for further details.
Non-member ticket price - £175+vat.