BTA Annual Safety Seminar 2018
The British Tugowners Association will hold their annual full day safety seminar on Thursday 8 November 2018, at the UK Chamber of Shipping, London.
This seminar will examine recent incidents, discuss accident prevention and will hear from tug experts, pilots and investigators. With an audience of tug masters, pilots, marine superintendents, P&I clubs, lawyers and others, the aim is to inform, discuss and share best practice.
The Summary Report of the 2017 Safety Seminar, held at the Northern Lighthouse Board, can be accessed below.
- 0915 - Registration, Tea & Coffee
- 0940 - Welcome & Introduction - Nick Dorman, BTA Chairman, Targe Towing
- 1000 - UK Chamber Safety Culture - Fena Boyle, UK Chamber of Shipping
- 1015 - A review of P&I - Carri Woodburn, Shipowners P&I
- 1100 - The pilot’s view, "Situational Awareness" - Don Cockrill, UKMPA
- 1145 - Refreshment Break
- 1200 - Accident Investigation & Lessons Learned - Andy Moll, MAIB
- 1250 - BTA Safety Statistics 2017 - Scott Baker, Svitzer Marine
- 1315 - Lunch
- 1400 - Making Safety Discretionary - James Pomeroy, Lloyds Register
- 1510 - Open discussions - All
- 1530 - Close
If you have any queries or questions please get in touch with the BTA Secretary, Robert Merrylees via email or on 0207 417 2843
The seminar is kindly sponsored by Lloyds Register