Sir Michael Bibby Bt., DL
Sir Michael Bibby is Managing Director of Bibby Line Group – a business-to-business services group involved in Shipowning and operation, shallow water accommodation, offshore oil and gas services, contract logistics, financial services, memorial parks, contract plant hire and retail.
In 1984, he joined Coopers & Lybrand in London where he later qualified as a Chartered Accountant. He then spent several years at Unilever as a project accountant where he was involved in a number of acquisitions, disposals and joint venture projects before taking up the position of Finance Director of Bibby Line Limited in 1992, culminating in being appointed Managing Director of Bibby Line Limited. In January 2000, Michael was appointed Managing Director of Bibby Line Group Limited.
He is also actively involved with a number of other organisations both in and out of shipping:
- Deputy Lieutenant for Merseyside.
- Director of Mersey Maritime (Limited), the not-for-profit representative body for the regions maritime and related industries, since its formation in 2003.
- Chairman of the Institute of Family Business Research Foundation
- Chairman of the Fundraising Committee of the Princes Trust in Merseyside
- Member of the Advisory Committee to the Mayor of Liverpool.
- Advisory Council Member of the Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership.
He is also an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and holds an Honorary Doctorate of Laws from the University of Liverpool in July 2012.